SLUSE-M MASTER OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (LAND USE AND WATER RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- 00h 00m
The Faculty of Resource Science and Technology (FRST) and the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) jointly offer a capacity building academic programme for the promotion of sustainable land use and natural resource management in Malaysia (SLUSE-M). The programme is modeled on and implemented in parallel to a similar programme initiated by a Danish consortium of universities (SLUSE-D). SLUSE-M takes its point of departure from natural and social scientific theories and methodologies in order to develop inter-disciplinary approaches towards understanding the problems and finding solutions related to sustainable use of land and water resources. This capacity building initiative is realised through the improvement and integration of education, training and research involving students and academic staff of UNIMAS, in collaboration with other local and foreign universities and agencies.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The SLUSE-M programme commences in September and the 3 module Masters Programme can be completed in a period of 18-24 calendar months.
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are as follows:
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate;
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent but with CGPA less than 2.50, may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experiencein the relevant field; or
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate
- For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 5.5 or its equivalent ( e.g TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test -196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70 ) is required.
FEES AND FUNDING
Click her for :
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
SLUSE-M programme is designed for the following candidates:
- Graduates and professionals assigned to tasks associated with resource and environmental management;
- Senior government personnel who are presently assigned tasks directly related to resource and environmental conservation who desire to improve their skills and enhance their knowledge in resource and environmental management; and
- The general public who wish to improve their knowledge in resource and environmental management.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT :
Associate Processor Dr. Tay Meng Guan
Programme Coordinator, Master of Environmental Science,
( Land Use and Water Resource Management (SLUSE-M ),
Faculty of Resource Science and Technology,
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak,
94300 Kota Samarahan,
Tel : +(60-82) 583014
Fax : +(60-82) 583160
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
For local students, you are required to fill the online UPU application. Intake is once a year - September. For International Students, you are required to fill the online form at CGSWeb. Please complete the form before the due date stated in the UNIMAS Intake Calendar. For any questions regarding admissions, please contact Undergraduate Studies Division (Undergraduate Programme) or UNIMAS Graduate School (Postgraduate Programme).